Cost per serving $0.72 view details
- 1 sheet fresh or frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 400g ground beef
- Â½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Â¼ tsp each dried oregano, thyme, allspice and cumin
- 1 cup homemade bread crumbs
- Fresh sliced mushrooms or canned mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. Mix well ground beef with garlic, onion, egg, mustard, salt, pepper, herbs and spices and bread crumbs.
- 2. Grease a sheet of aluminum foil. Spread ground beef on foil to form a flat rectangle.
- 3. Cover ground beef rectangle with smoked pork neck slices. Place line of mushrooms across the width of meat rectangle and roll up jelly-roll fashion, leaving foil behind.
- 4. Place (thawed and rolled out) puff pastry on flat surface, place mealoaf onto the puff pastry; roll and cover cover with pastry. Trim and seal edges with water. Brush with beaten egg.
- 5. Place the wrapped meatloaf on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake in an oven at 200ËC for half an hour, covered with foil. Uncover and bake for additional half hour or until pastry is golden brown.
- 6. Leave to cool (10min), slice and serve with green salad.
- Easy suggestion: this meatloaf is delicious hot or cold.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 121g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 152||52%|
|Total Fat 16.93g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 5.98g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.04g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|