Cost per serving $0.41 view details
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110 to 115 degrees)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 2 to 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, egg, grated Parmesan cheese, butter, sugar, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, food coloring and 1 cup flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Punch down dough; let stand for 10 minutes. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a 10-inch rope. Cut in half. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Brush egg white over breadsticks; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Place an almond slice on the tip of each. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 56g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 63||64%|
|Total Fat 7.15g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.72g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.29g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|