Cost per serving $0.37 view details
- Ripe Bananas : 2
- Whole Wheat Flour: 1 cup
- Oats : 1/2 cup
- Pediasure: 2 tsp (or add coccoa powder) - Optional
- Honey: 1/4 cup (or 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- Salt: a pinch
- Cinnamon: 1/4 tsp
- Milk: 1/4 cup (add more if required)
- Yogurt: 2 tsp
- Eggs: 2
- Butter: 1/4 cup
- Bicarbonate of soda: 1 tsp
- Baking Powder : 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract: 1/2 tsp
- Nuts/Chocolate chips: for sprinkling, Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Keep the loaf pan or muffin moulds ready, what ever you like.
- Line the bottom of pan with parchment paper or lightly oil and dust with flour.
- Follow the simple rules of baking.
- First mix dry ingredients, then liquid ingredients and fold in the dry mix.
- If blending the ingredients by spatula, do it in one direction, to allow ample air circulation.
- This ensures that the cake/bread is soft and spongy.
- I prefer to sift the flour twice/ thrice, then add oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda/baking powder and chopped nuts.
- Peel and puree the bananas by hand blender or in a mixer.
- Gradually add milk, yogurt, butter and honey.
- Gently fold the dry mix in the wet ingredients until just combined.
- If the mix is too dry, add some warm milk to get thick yet flowing consistency of the batter.
- Now Pour the mix in the greased loaf pan, up to three fourth level.
- Sprinkle some choco chips or any nuts you like.
- Bake it for 40-50 minutes, until the skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- If the bread isn't done, put it back in the oven and check it every five minutes, until done.
- Here it is, my loaf comes out of the oven.
- For Cinnamon Yogurt Spread:
- Yogurt: 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon: 1/4 tsp
- Almonds: 7-8, thinly sliced
- Honey: 1 tsp (or add sugar to taste)
- Whip the yogurt well to get creamy consistency.
- Add honey and cinnamon to taste and garnish with thinly sliced almonds.
- A rich and healthy yogurt spread is ready in just few minutes to be enjoyed with warm bread !
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 70g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 85||38%|
|Total Fat 9.77g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.36g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.12g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|