Cost per recipe $2.72 view details
- 6 tbsp. (3/4 stick) butter
- 3 lbs. boneless leg of veal, cut into 2" cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly grnd white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 3/4 c. finely minced onions
- 3 tbsp. finely minced fresh dill
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 - 1 1/4 c. chicken or possibly veal stock
- 1 c. water
- 4 carrots, peeled & finely julienned
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed & finely julienned
- 1. In a large, flame proof casserole, heat 4 Tbsp. of the butter. Add in the veal and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, till veal turns white, about 7 min. Add in the garlic, onions and 2 Tbsp. of the dill; cook for 4 to 5 min.
- 2. Sprinkle on the flour and nutmeg. Add in the stock and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer very slowly for 45 min, stirring once or possibly twice. Don't let the liquid evaporate; add in more stock if necessary.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter. Add in the carrots and leeks and toss in the butter till wilted, about 5 min. Add in the wilted vegetables to the veal and stir. Heat till the stew comes to a simmer; sprinkle remaining Tbsp. of dill on top right before serving. Serves 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 875g|
|Calories from Fat 871||69%|
|Total Fat 98.47g||123%|
|Saturated Fat 52.77g||211%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 56.96g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.9g||30%|