Cost per serving $5.19 view details
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups clam juice
- 3 (6.5-oz) cans chopped clams, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 14 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 16 oz linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Melt butter with oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, Add onions and saute until just translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes more.
- Stir flour into an to coat onions. Continue cooking, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes so that the flour turns a light golden brown.
- Add half of the clam juice to the skillet and stir well to form a ball with the flour mixture. Add remaining clam juice and stir to combine and smooth out any flour lumps.
- Add clams, wine, cream, red pepper flakes, and white pepper; mix well and keep at a low simmer while cooking the pasta.
- Cook pasta according ot package directions. Drain.
- When ready to serve, add lemon juice and parsley; toss with pasta.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 429g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 747||71%|
|Total Fat 85.01g||106%|
|Saturated Fat 50.83g||203%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 59.45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|