This is Giada De Laurentiis's original recipe classic for this. Very basic. One can also add cherry tomatoes, capers, and serve on a bed of arugula. It calls for tuna in oil; one could sub the tuna in water but it won't taste the same and extra olive oil will be needed.
- 2 6 oz cans dark meat tuna packed in olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 15 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbs red wine vinegar
- extra salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add tuna with its oil and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, break the tuna up into bite-sized pieces. Gently toss in beans and onions. Drizzle with vinegar and gently toss again. Add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.Transfer to plate sand serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 223g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 11||6%|
|Total Fat 1.21g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.29g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.92g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||29%|