This is a light and fruity dessert made with wholewheat filo dough and a combination of fruits, so you’ll get a light dessert, extremely tasty, warm and crispy that will satisfy any sweet cravings.
The combination of mango and banana’s textures complete one another, also pineapple adds a little extra exotic touch to the crisp. You need to select fruits that are not too ripe, or in the sauté process, especially the banana and mangoes will get mushy.
You can serve it warm at room temperature or lukewarm, then you need to serve it immediately or the cream will start melting.
- 1/4 pineapple, cut in small sliced (1 inch size)
- 1 mango, peeled and cut in small slices (1 inch size)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3 whole wheat filo dough sheets, cut in 6 squares
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs mascarpone
- 2.7 fl oz (or 80 ml) heavy cream
- vanilla powder
- 1 tsp powder sugar
- 1 tsp butter + 1 tsp melted for the filo dough
- Cut all the fruits, add sugar and saute in butter for about 5-7 minutes. remove from the pan.
- Using a brush, apply melted butter in one filo dough sheet, then cut dough in 6 identical squares.
- Place the 6 squares in a ramequin or small muffin trays (then insted of 3 crisp, youâll make 6 due to the smaller size of the muffin trays).
- Divide fruits in each ramequin and cook in a pre-heated oven at 370F for about 15-20 minutes or until the filo dough is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Whip heavy cream and add powder sugar at the end, add mascarpone and keep beating a little more. Add vanilla bean powder.
- Serve each crisp with one tsp of mascarpone cream on top.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||29%|
|Total Fat 3.53g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.93g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.3g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|