Cost per serving $0.06 view details
- 5-6 large McIntosh apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Â½ cup all-purpose flour
- Â¼ cup light brown sugar (dark brown sugar optional)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons margarine, chilled, cut into pieces
- 2-3 oz. Vino Cotto di Montillo
- vanilla or vanilla fudge swirl ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Using PAM No-Stick Cooking Spray, evenly coat a 13 by 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Peel, core and cut apples into Â¼â slices.
- In a large bowl, coat apple slices with lemon juice.
- Drizzle vino cotto over apples and gently toss to coat.
- Pour contents of bowl into the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add butter pieces to mixture. Using a large table fork, press butter into the flour mixture to form a granular mixture. Sprinkle the topping over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes, checking periodically to avoid burning. If the topping begins to brown before the apples are tender, loosely cover the baking dish with a piece of tinfoil.
- When the apples are tender, remove the tinfoil and finish browning the topping.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 16g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 34||46%|
|Total Fat 3.83g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.72g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 9.7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|