This dish is great in lettuce wraps, but equally good over brown rice or a bed of lettuce
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Cost per serving $3.62 view details
- 1.5 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots (substitute onion if needed)
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- 1.5 pounds peeled medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 large head green lettuce, leaves washed and peeled
- 1 cup brown or white rice
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker or on stove.
- Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or saute pan over high. Add oil, swirl to coat. Add shallots (or onion), garlic, and jalepeno to wok and stir fry for 30-60 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Stir in juice mixture.
- Serve with lettuce leaves, rice, and cilantro on the side. Put rice, shrimp, and cilantro in the lettuce leaf, roll, and eat! Everyone makes their own.
- Note: if you have kids, stir fry the Jalapeno separately from the other ingredients and serve it in a separate bowl like the Cilantro. The Jalapenos are a must have for adults, but a bit spicy for kids.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 313g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 99||23%|
|Total Fat 11.23g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.35g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 43.25g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|