This dish calls for velveting your chicken. This is diffrent than Chicken Velvet which is a mixture of minced chicken breast, egg white and liquid that is either added to soup or deep-fried.
Velveting chicken simply means coating it (sealing it) with corn starch & egg whites. It is easy & makes a world of difference in the tenderness and texture of the chicken.
This method can also be used with flank steak.
- 1 lb Chicken breast tenders
- 3 Tbs white wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Egg white
- 3 tbs corn starch
- 2 C. oil (your preferance)
- 1 Small onion
- 2 C sliced carrots
- 2 C broccoli florets
- 1 C Chopped kale
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 package chinese rice noodles (cooked as directed)
- Cut chicken into 1" pieces
- Coat with salt & pepper & soak in vinegar
- At this point I slice my veggies and let the chicken soak for about 10 - 15 min (also a good time to have a glass of wine!)
- Mix egg white with corn starch
- Drain chicken from vinegar
- Coat chicken woth corn starch mixture
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat to 275
- Add Chicken & cook for about 4 min., wntill chicken is firm & white,
- Remove chicken to paper towel with spider spoon.
- Add onion and carrots and sautÃ© for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and chicken and sautÃ© for 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is fully cooked. Remove vegetables and chicken to a large plate.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil & cooked rice noodles to the pan, (add a bit of water if needed) When they begin to sizzle add the kale and continue to cook, stiring constantly, 3 - 5 min, until turning golden.
- Add chicken and vegetables back to pan heat through.
- Move to serving platter & serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 356g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1147||85%|
|Total Fat 129.44g||162%|
|Saturated Fat 12.17g||49%|
|Trans Fat 2.81g|
|Total Carbs 32.71g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|