Perfect goulash for those cold winter nights. You can use soy ground meat (looks like ground round) or the sausage like meat. Feel free to use fresh mushrooms, if you do, add them when you are browning the sausage. Adding fresh greens would be great too!
- 1 lb soy meat/sausage (the italian style sausage are the best for this)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 - 7oz can diced green chilies
- 2- 13oz cans of sliced mushrooms (do not drain)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1.5 cups thickly sliced celery
- 2 cups thickly sliced carrots
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Half medium onion, diced
- 8 cups vegetable stock (or use water and bullion cubes)
- In a large pot, use veg oil and Heat/brown the soy meat/sausage (chop up if you are using a sausage type), garlic and onion.
- Add all the ingredients listed.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins or until rice is cooked.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 952g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 306||36%|
|Total Fat 34.18g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 5.13g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 100.95g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 27.8g||93%|