I can't remember where I found this. I didn't make it up though and I hope I didn't take it from this site! If I did ...thank you x 10 to whoever posted it first.
- 3 dried shitake mushrooms
- 4 dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored vegetable oil
- Â½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Â¼ cup dry sherry
- 1 piece kombu, rinsed (optional)
- 8 ounces mixed fresh mushrooms, such as oyster, cremini, maitake and hon-shimeji, cleaned and sliced
- Â¼ cup soy sauce
- Â¾ cup peeled and diced acorn or butternut squash
- Salt and black pepper
- Lemon juice (optional)
- 4 pinches chopped scallion greens
- 1. Put the shiitake mushrooms in a small bowl; cover with hot water and set aside.
- 2. Put the chanterelle mushrooms in a separate bowl; cover with hot water and set aside.
- 3. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and sautÃ© until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the garlic and sautÃ© until fragrant, about one minute. Add the wine and cook until it is reduced by half.
- Add 4â cups water plus â cup soaking water from the chanterelle mushrooms.
- 5. Drain the chanterelle mushrooms, chop them, and add them to the pan. Add the kombu (if using). Bring to a full boil, then lower the heat to low and remove and reserve the kombu.
- 6. Drain the shiitake mushrooms and cut off and discard the stems. chop the caps and add them to the pan. Add the fresh mushrooms and soy sauce.
- 7. Cut the kombu into bite-size pieces and return it to the pan. Add the squash and simmer until softened, about thirty minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, if desired, a touch of lemon juice.
- To serve: Divide among 4 warmed soup bowls and garnish each with a pinch of scallion greens.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 112g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||44%|
|Total Fat 6.85g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.76g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 13.28g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|