This dish is an absolutely must-try for all of you vegans/vegetarians who sometimes miss the taste of meat. This recipe was made by my mom, who is eating less and less meat and she's trying to "vegetarianize" all recipes that she cooks. I'm am so happy that I succeeded in changing my parents' eating habits even just a little.
Yes, this recipe takes a little longer to prepare but it is definitely worth it! Try it and let me know if you liked it as much as I did.
- 1 kg red skin potatoes
- 100g soy granules
- 1 kg mushroms (I used champignons)
- 1 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 bunch of dill, chopped
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs ( or egg substitutes for vegans, you can also add 3-4 tbsp dry yeast flakes)
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp dry thyme
- 2 tbsp unrefined sunflower oil
- Peel the potatoes and put them in a large pot filled with water. Boil them until they're tender. Mash them and let them cool for a while.
- Chop the mushrooms, carrot and red bell pepper. Add them into your food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well mixed together.
- Heat 2 tbsp of sunflower oil in a large skillet. Add the mixture above, diced onions, chopped dill and parsley, soy granules, eggs ( or egg substitutes + dry yeast flakes) and spices. SautÃ© for 10 minutes.
- * I added the soy granules without boiling them because the mushrooms contain a lot of water and these soy granules will absorb all excess water.
- Put some parchment paper on the bottom of baking tray. Divide the mashed potatoes in two. Place the first half on the tray and spread it with a spatula. Add the filling. Place over the other half of mashed potatoes.
- Heat your oven at 392Ë. Put the tray in the oven. Cook for one hour.
- Don't serve immediately. Let it cool for at least half an hour.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 128g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||25%|
|Total Fat 3.02g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.58g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.99g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|