Cost per recipe $9.11 view details
- 9 lasagna noodles (about 8 ounce.)
- 1/4 c. oil, divided
- 3 med. onions, coarsely minced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 green peppers, coarsely minced
- 3 red peppers, coarsely minced
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 can (13 3/4 or possibly 14 1/2 ounce.) chicken broth
- 1 3/4 c. skim lowfat milk
- 1 container (15 ounce.) part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 ounce.) frzn minced spinach or possibly broccoli, thawed and well liquid removed
- 3 tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 c. shredded part skim Mozzarella cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; rinse with cool water and drain. In 6 qt Dutch oven heat 2 Tbsp. corn oil over medium heat. Add in onions and garlic. Saute/fry 10 min or possibly till golden brown; remove.
- Heat remaining corn oil in Dutch oven. Add in peppers; saute/fry 5 min. In bowl, mix cornstarch and chicken broth till smooth; stir into peppers. Add in lowfat milk. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; add in onions.
- In bowl combine ricotta, spinach, basil, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Spoon 1 1/2 c. sauce into 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the noodles and 1/2 of the spinach mix. Repeat, beginning with sauce. Then top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle Mozzarella over top. Bake in 350 degree F. oven 20 to 25 min or possibly till heated. Makes 10 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2155g|
|Calories from Fat 1130||54%|
|Total Fat 126.72g||158%|
|Saturated Fat 47.22g||189%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 135.54g||36%|
|Dietary Fiber 21.5g||72%|