Cost per serving $0.04 view details
- For cutlet:
- Boiled mixed vegetables of your liking
- Boiled and mashed potato - 1 large Russet
- Finely chopped onions - 2 medium
- Cumin seeds
- Broken cashew nuts
- Ginger Garlic paste
- Corrainder powder - 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- For coating:
- All purpose flour - 2 tablespoons
- Breadcrumbs ( plain or seasoned )
- Oil (for frying)
- Boil a large russet potato and mash it and keep aside.
- Boil mixed vegtables of your choice. I chose carrots, green peas, corn and cauliflower. Once boiled, squeeze out the excess water to let out all moisture from the veggies.
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil and add some cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin starts to splutter add the cashew nuts and fry till mildly brown.
- Then add the chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and chopped cilantro leaves and saute for 2 mins till the onions start getting pink.
- Add turmeric powder ,corriander powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Now add the boiled and squeezed mix veggies and salt and mix well until everything has blended together and the mixture is dry.
- Add this mixture into the mashed potatos and mix everything. (Do not heat the potatos)..
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the potato veggie mix and roll them into small balls and flatten them with your plams into disc shaped cutlets.
- In a bowl add some water with all purpose flour and make a smooth thin paste.
- Dip each cutlet into the all purpose flour paste and then coat it with the bread crums ( I used Italian seasoned breadcrumbs) and keep it aside on a plate. Do the same with the rest of the cutlets.
- Heat the oil and fry each cutlet until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup .
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 20g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.85g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|