Cost per serving $0.25 view details
- green beans
- red, yellow, orange, green bell peppers
- jimica (not sure I spelled that correctly)
- small tomatoes - heirlooms,or grape tomatoes
- 1 small to medium purple cabbage
- romaine or any sturdy lettuce for lining the platter
- fresh herb bunches to decorate with
- chopped parsley to sprinkle over the veggies
- Blanch the green beans, asparagus, broccoli.
- Cool quickly under cold water and dry.
- Separate the broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Slice celery, peppers, carrots, jimica, and any other vegetables into easy to handle bite sized pieces.
- Peel back some of the outer leaves of the cabbage for decoration then hollow out the cabbage - a melon baller works well.
- Line the platter with lettuce allowing it to overlap the ends of the platter.
- Place the cabbage in the center or I like off-center and an oval platter.
- Arrange, pile the veggies in groups around the cabbage; getting them to sort of stand up when you can...just so it looks a little more interesting then a flat wagon wheel.
- Fill the cabbage with your favorite dip.
- Tuck herb bunches on one or both diagonal sides.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley lightly over the top if you like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 25g|
|Recipe makes 15 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||17%|
|Total Fat 0.07g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.31g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|