Cost per recipe $9.19 view details
- 1 c. raw long grain rice, white or possibly brown, cooked without butter or possibly 3 c. cooked orzo
- 1 (15 ounce.) can kidney beans, liquid removed & rinsed
- 1 lg. stalk broccoli, flowerets cut, stems sliced & steamed for 5 min or possibly blanched for 2 min
- 1/2 pound snow peas or possibly sugar snap peas
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thin (about 2 1/2 c.)
- 1 green or possibly red sweet pepper (or possibly both), cut in strips about 1/4" wide
- 4-6 scallions, sliced thin
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
- 2. In a jar, combine all the dressing ingredients. Cover the jar, shake it well, and pour the dressing over the rice and vegetable mix. Toss the salad to mix it thoroughly. Chill the salad till serving time.
- 3. On a large platter, serve the salad on bed of greens surrounded by a necklace of cherry tomato halves, if you like. 4 main dish servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1236g|
|Calories from Fat 51||2%|
|Total Fat 6.15g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.09g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 394.29g||105%|
|Dietary Fiber 103.4g||345%|