Rice flour bread recipes are a good alternative for those who do not like or cannot eat refined flour bread. It gives a different taste to your regular dinner dishes. You can use rice flour to make normal sandwich bread and delicious pita breads. Here is a simple rice flour bread recipe that is vegan (you can use egg if you eat it) and easy to prepare.
This recipe takes a total of 75 minutes to prepare and bake. You can bake it in advance for a day or two as the oil in it keeps the bread moist.
If you have a bread machine then this rice flour bread recipe can also be used in the machine. Replace the baking powder with 3 tablespoons of yeast and keep the rest of the ingredients the same.
This bread can be used to prepare sandwiches, toast, or eaten with plain butter. This recipe also works well for those who cannot eat gluten (use brown rice flour).
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of rice flour (brown or white rice flour depending on your choice)
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds or one large egg
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C.
- Grease a loaf pan (this recipe makes one 8 x 4 loaf).
- Grind the almonds with Â½ cup of rice flour in a food processor to a fine powder. The flour prevents the nuts from turning oily and gives a better texture.
- The grinded flaxseeds and water combination is used in place of eggs. Combine the flaxseeds with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Let the mixture combine well and let it rest for some time.
- To the almond powder, add the remaining rice flour, salt, half of the poppy seeds and baking powder, and combine well.
- In a deep bowl, mix the flaxseeds gel, the rest of the water, vegetable oil and yogurt. Blend them using a blender so that the yogurt gels well with the other liquids.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the liquid, spoon by spoon, and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining poppy seeds on top.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 55 minutes.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting in slices and serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 153g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 133||37%|
|Total Fat 15.26g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 1.97g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 50.52g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|