Great replacement for soy milk. Much less expensive than buying already prepared and tastes just as good. Works very well in coffee and cereals! Excellent for Raw diets.
I"ve only made these using my Vita-mix but I'm sure a regular blender will work too, just take a bit longer with a bit more wasted pulp. When you are ready to purchase your own Vita-mix you can use code 06-003085 for free shipping.
So simple, easy and quick. Totally vegan
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, raw almonds, or cashews
- 3-4 cups water
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- ( I use stevia, agave or pure cane crystals)
- Blend all ingredients, starting at 1 up to 10, then high.
- Run for 2 minutes or so till extra smooth.
- Not necessary, but I prefer to strain before pouring into storage bottle. I use a regular metal coffee sieve for this purpose.
- The pulp can be added to different recipes such as cookies or brownies.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 871g|
|Calories from Fat 117||80%|
|Total Fat 13.93g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 12.36g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.34g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|