Cost per recipe $22.29 view details
- 2 lbs. veal, cut into 12 scallops & pounded to 1/16 inch thick
- 6 thin slices of Polish ham or possibly prosciutto
- 6 thin slices of Swiss Gruyere cheese
- 9 tbsp. sweet butter
- Salt & freshly grnd black pepper
- 3/4 c. bread crumbs, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. flour
- 3 Large eggs, beaten with 5 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 recipe for Cordon Bleu Sauce (below)
- Brush one side of each veal scallop and each slice of ham and cheese with 4 Tbsp. of the butter, melted. Place a slice of ham and cheese between two of the veal scallops, with the buttered slices on the inside. Do this with all the scallops, and trim to make 6 neat sandwiches. Sprinkle the veal sandwiches on both sides with a little salt and pepper. Dredge the veal sandwiches in a mix of the seasoned bread crumbs and flour and chill for 2 to 3 hrs. The butter will congeal and hold the sandwiches together.
- When ready to cook them, dredge the scallops in the bread crumb mix again, then in the egg-cream mix and again in the bread crumbs. Heat 3 Tbsp. of the butter with 2 Tbsp. of the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Brown the scallops on both sides, 2 to 3 min per side. Place in baking dish and add in the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter. Bake for 15 min in a 375 degree preheated oven. Pour Cordon Blue Sauce on and serve. Serves 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1063g|
|Calories from Fat 1721||61%|
|Total Fat 194.68g||243%|
|Saturated Fat 80.43g||322%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 107.21g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|