This is a great traditional greek sauce. Serve it on flatbread with fava beans, kebab, falafel, or anything else you can think of. It's super simple to make and you can experiment with adding different spices. The yogurt has a mellowing impact, so you can add just about anything without ruining it!
- 1 pint plain yogurt (european or greek style if available)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (reg. or low fat)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Experiment adding any of the following:
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Peel the cucumber partially leaving strips of skin. Chop it finely. Put the yogurt, sour cream, salt, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper in a bowl and stir.
- You can serve it right away, or refrigerate for 2 or more hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 265g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 116||61%|
|Total Fat 13.2g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 7.87g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.78g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|