Cost per serving $1.12 view details
- 1 heaping tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1-2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1-2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- In a bowl combine fennel seeds, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Trim fat from pork. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over meat, rub with your fingers. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3.5 - 6 quart slow cooker. Set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces, and place in slow cooker. Add meat. Pour broth over.
- Cover and cook on medium-heat setting for 10 hours or high-heat setting for 8 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker, reserving juices. Slice meat. Using a slotted spoon, move sweet potatoes to a medium bowl. Use a masher to mash sweet potatoes, adding some of the cooking juices to moisten. Serve meat with mashed sweet potatoes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 178g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 82||35%|
|Total Fat 9.05g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.89g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.76g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|