Perfect way to make use of leftover turkey!
Prep time: 1 hours
Cook time: 35 minutes
Cost per serving $5.29 view details
- 12 oz spaghetti noodles
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, dry white wine or vermouth (just donât use anything labeled âcooking wineâ)
- 3 cups cooked turkey, in small bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup peas (you can pull some out of the freezer, put them under running water for a moment, then drain them)
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan (divided into two portions of 1/3 cup each)
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste, and if you'd like, a small pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup fine fresh bread crumbs (or panko Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Freshly chopped parsley for an optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 375Â°F.
- Start heating 2 to 3 quarts of salted water for the pasta (1 teaspoon of salt for each quart of water)Cook the mushrooms in 3 Tbsp of the butter over medium heat, stirring, until all of the liquid the mushrooms give off has evaporated, 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of butter. Stir in the flour, and cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes to make a roux.
- About now, put the pasta into the boiling water you've heated. Follow the package directions and cook until al dente (not too soft). While the pasta is cooking continue on with the recipe.
- Into the saucepan with the butter and flour, slowly whisk in the milk, cream, broth, and the sherry. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it. In a large bowl combine the pasta, the sauce, the mushrooms, the turkey, and the peas. Stir in 1/3 cup of the Parmesan and the 1/3 cup of Swiss cheese. Stir in the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste, and optionally, include a small pinch of ground nutmeg. Transfer to a buttered 3-quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine well the remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan and the bread crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tetrazzini, and dot the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, cut into bits.
- Bake the Tetrazzini in the middle rack of the oven at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until it is bubbling and the top is golden.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 626g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 394||39%|
|Total Fat 44.81g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 26.2g||105%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 89.82g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|