Cost per serving $0.39 view details
- 2 quarts. bread crumbs (1/2 homemade biscuits and 1/2 loaf bread at least 1 day old)
- 1/2 c. or possibly 1 stick butter
- 1/4 c. turkey fat (skimmed from stock)
- Sufficient stock to thoroughly moisten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Skim most of fat from stock to avoid greasy dressing. Crumble bread fine and dry out in moderate oven till crunchy, but not real brown. Stir often. Then mix with prepared crumbs. Divide stock in 2 portions, setting aside some for gravy. Bring the portion for dressing to a rolling boil. Place butter on top of crumbs and pour over all the warm stock, tossing and mixing till all crumbs have been moistened and mix is of supple consistency, but not thin. (If there is not sufficient stock; add in boiling water or possibly, better still, chicken stock).
- Add in salt and pepper to taste. Add in melted turkey fat and sugar and beat till fluffy. Place mix in well buttered pan or possibly pans, pressing out to edges and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven till light brown and puffy. Cook desired thickness. This amount will serve a goodly number and may be enlarged upon for church suppers, etc. or possibly decreased to meet the needs of a small number.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 86g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||35%|
|Total Fat 15.75g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 6.98g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.88g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|