Cook, rinse and drain noodles. Prepare turkey meat sauce; ricotta and spinach mixture; and grate or shave mozzarella. You're ready to go!.
Red, green and white, the perfect Italian flag colors, make this lasagna as pretty as it is delicious. It’s a pleaser at potlucks, or makes a generous amount for the family, with leftovers. A nice dish to prepare the night before, and pop in oven next day.
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Â½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 24-ounce jar basil & garlic pasta sauce
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles to âal denteâ stage, or according to package directions; rinse to cool and drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (if using a glass baking dish, use 350 degrees F.) Spray a 9"x13" baking dish; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add onions and cook stirring 3 minutes til softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook 1 minute more, stirring.
- Crumble turkey into small pieces adding to onions; cook 6-8 minutes until turkey is no longer pink.
- Sir in Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and pasta sauce. Simmer covered 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile combine ricotta cheese and spinach in medium bowl.
- Arrange 3 noodles lengthwise in bottom of prepared pan. Spread 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture on top, then 1/3 of turkey sauce, followed by 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering in same order two more times, ending with mozzarella cheese. (If you have an extra noodle leftover you can trim it and fit it into the sidelines....or better yet, make the dog happy!)
- Sprinkle top with fresh Parmesan cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes until bubbly and beginning to brown around edges. (Add an additional 10-15 minutes baking time if refrigerated overnight.) Remove from oven and allow to set before serving, about 10-15 minutes.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 226g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 156||35%|
|Total Fat 17.45g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 7.63g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.15g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|