Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- Â Â See part 1
- By 10-inch squares of plastic wrap with the remaining 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Securely wrap each piece of fish in an oiled plastic wrap square.
- Place the halibut in the top half of a steamer over lightly simmering water. Cover and steam for 8 min per inch, or possibly till the fish is just hard but slightly underdone in the center. Remove the fish from the steamer.
- Whisk the fines herbs into the reserved truffle vinaigrette.
- Spoon equal portions of the melted leeks into the center of each 6 hot dinner plates. Unwrap the fish and place one piece on top of the leeks.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the fish and around the edge of the plate.
- Garnish top with crispy leeks and serve.
- CRISPY LEEKS:Add in oil to deep fryer, or possibly a 3-inch deep saute/fry pan. Heat over medium-high till very warm but not smoking, and add in the leeks. Quickly fry till the leeks are crisp, about 30 seconds. Remove leeks from oil immediately. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Yield: 6 servings