Cost per recipe $8.05 view details
- 2 TBS whole-grain mustard
- 1 TBS Dijon Mustard, coarse or fine grain
- 1 TBS peppercorn mustard, Creole mustard or wine mustard
- 3 TBS unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. minced fresh herbs, such as tarragon, dill, basil, cilantro, or chives
- 1Â½ cups heavy cream (for sauce)
- 1Â½ cups olive oil (for marinade)
- 1. If making sauce, heat the cream to a boil in a medium saucepan and boil over medium heat until thickened and reduced by half, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir often.
- 2. With a metal whip, whisk in the mustard's and cook over low heat for several minutes, then whisk in the butter.
- 3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then add your choice of fresh herbs.
- Sauce can be served warm or room temperature.
- 1. For marinade, in a large bowl, mix olive oil, mustard's, salt, pepper, and herbs together to form a medium paste consistency. Let sit for several hours to develop flavors.
- 2. Rub over meat, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Let meat come to room temperature for several hours before grilling or roasting.
- 4. Scrape most of the marinade off the meat to prevent flare-ups on your grill or in stove. Cook or grill as wanted.
- Serve with additional sauce, or sauce mixed with juices from meat.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 571g|
|Calories from Fat 3826||99%|
|Total Fat 433.43g||542%|
|Saturated Fat 112.98g||452%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.85g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|