Recipe source: Luscious Lemon Desserts cookbook by Lori Longbotham
Cheesecake with lemon juice, zest and topped with lemon curd.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon curd, store bought or follow my easy recipe to make your own, chilled
- Position rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F,
- Butter the bottom and side of a 9" springform pan. Have ready a roasting pan. Put on a kettle of water to boil for the water bath.
- Stir together crumbs and butter with a fork in a medium bowl until combined well. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust is set; let cool on a wire rack. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Process sugar and zest in a food processor until zest is finely ground.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese beginning on low speed & increasing to medium-high, until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar mixture, scraping down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula, continue beating until smooth.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice; beat until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Wrap the outside of the springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, then pour the filling into the pan; set it in the roasting pan. Place the roasting pan in the oven and carefully pour in enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake for 70-75 minutes or until the center is almost set but still slightly jiggly. DO NOT OVERBAKE ~ The cheesecake will firm as it cools.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and let the cheesecake cool in the water bath for 15 minutes. Remove from the bath; let it cool on a wire rack.
- Remove the foil; refrigerate the cheesecake in its pan, loosely covered, for at least 8 hours or overnight, until thoroughly chilled.
- Run a table knife around the inside edge of the pan; remove the pan's side. Spread the lemon curd over the top of the cheesecake. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
- RECIPE NOTE: I added 2 Tbs. of sugar to the graham cracker crumbs and butter to form the crust.