A friend sent me a bundle of chocolate cake cum pudding recipes .I am giving them for you to try as I need to be careful due to Gout which is brought on by too much Choc. I will get there ,please feel free to comment and crit
- 200g plain chocolate biscuits
- 80g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup cold tap water
- 5 teaspoons gelatine
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 150g white chocolate, melted
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream, whipped
- 100g milk chocolate, grated
- cocoa powder, to serve
- 1. Grease and line a 24cm (base) springform pan. Process biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Add melted butter. Stir until well combined. Use your fingertips to press into base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Place water into a heatproof microwavesafe bowl. Sprinkle over gelatine. Stand for 1 minute. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) power for 20 to 40 seconds or until gelatine dissolves. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- 3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Stir in gelatine. Divide cream cheese mixture between 2 bowls.
- 4. Stir white chocolate into 1 cream cheese mixture. Stir dark chocolate into other.
- 5. Fold half the cream through white chocolate mixture and half through dark chocolate mixture.
- 6. Pour dark chocolate mixture over biscuit base. Freeze for 10 minutes or until firm to the touch. Carefully spread white chocolate mixture over dark.. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- 7. Release sides of pan. Place cheesecake onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with grated milk chocolate. Dust with cocoa. Cut into slices with a warm knife. Serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 210g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 485||68%|
|Total Fat 54.91g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 32.49g||130%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 48.23g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|