- 1 quart strawberries
- 1 quart red raspberries
- 1 pt blackberries (any type)
- 7 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp butter or possibly margarine if you like
- Â Â (added to reduce foaming)
- 1 x pouch Certo liquid fruit pectin - (3 ounce)
- Wash 8 half-pint or possibly 4 pint jars. Keep warm till needed. Prepare lids as manufacturer directs.
- Throw away stems and crush sufficient strawberries to measure 2 c. of crushed berries.
- Crush sufficient raspberries to measure 1 c.. Crush sufficient blackberries to measure 1 c..
- Add in the prepared fruit to a 6- or possibly 8-qt saucepan. Stir in the sugar and butter or possibly margarine. Stirring constantly, bring the mix to a full rolling boil (a boil which doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat.
- Stir in pectin quickly. Return the mix to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle the jam into 1 jar at a time, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rim with a clean, damp cloth. Attach lid. Fill and close remaining jars. Process in a boiling water canner for 10 min (15 min at 1000-6000 feet: 20 min above 6000 feet).
- This recipe yields 8 half-pint jars.
- Yield: 8 half-pints