Cost per recipe $13.51 view details
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1â2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1â4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1â2 cup canned coconut milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place chicken on a plate. Sprinkle the green onion, cilantro, garlic, onion, salt and pepper over it. Cover, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pot over medium heat. Stir in the sugar, and cook until the sugar has melted into a nice golden brown syrup. Add the chicken pieces, and brown quickly while turning continuously. Cover the pot, and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup of water, coconut milk and pepper flakes. Replace the lid, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the ketchup and butter. Continue cooking until chicken is fork tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve chicken with the sauce in the pot as a gravy.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3346g|
|Calories from Fat 3111||37%|
|Total Fat 355.91g||445%|
|Saturated Fat 189.84g||759%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 1112.28g||297%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|