Cost per recipe $5.29 view details
- 1 lb tri-tip beef, trimmed, cut into 1 inch cubes, reserve some fat
- 1Â 1/2 tsp onion pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1Â 1/2 c. cool water
- 1/2 tsp garlic pwdr
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. grnd California chili pepper (not chili pwdr)
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1 Tbsp. beef base flavoring (similar to beef bouillon)
- Â Â Flour tortillas
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1. In a large saucepan, render sufficient trimmed fat (or possibly vegetable oil) to leave about 3 Tbsp. of oil in pan. Add in beef and onion pwdr.
- 2. Cook on low, covered, for 1 hour. Remove cover and continue to cook on low till liquid is gone and beef starts to lightly brown and breaks apart easily.
- 3. Add in the flour and mix well with any oil remaining in the pan. Cook for another 5 min on low heat till the flour starts to brown.
- 4. Add in cool water, garlic pwdr, chili pepper, cumin and beef base. Stir to mix well. Continue cooking on low heat, stirring occasionally till sauce thickens.
- 5. Heat flour tortillas (steam, microwave or possibly griddle) till easily rolled.
- Put a warmed tortilla on a plate. Add in chunks of beef and cheddar cheese to taste, mix in sides, then roll up.
- 6. Cover burrito with remaining chili sauce from pan and serve with refried or possibly whole pinto beans, Spanish rice, and chips and salsa. Can substitute New Mexico chili pepper for added heat.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 945g|
|Calories from Fat 605||50%|
|Total Fat 68.23g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 35.27g||141%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.91g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|