This moist, sweet and delicious cookie is made with wholesome ingredients. It's almost health food!
Cook time: 9 minutes
Servings: 24 Cookies
Cost per serving $0.33 view details
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I used cinnamon)
- 1 banana, smashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup (heaping) brown sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans (or any chopped nut)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried mixed berries (or any dried fruit)
- Beat applesauce, banana, both sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat egg whites until they are frothy and begin to firm up.
- Fold egg whites into applesauce mixture.
- Combine the flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, gently mix into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the oats and mix lightly.
- Add the chocolate chips, nuts, and dried fruit, mix gently but well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons on baking sheets prepared with parchment paper and non-stick spray.
- Bake cookies in preheated 350 degree oven until set and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove immediately to wire racks to cool.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 38g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||23%|
|Total Fat 3.18g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.05g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.84g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|