Cost per serving $0.62 view details
- 6 x Unpeeled "old" potatoes, Yukon Gold - (to 8)
- 1 c. Minced scallions or possibly spring onions
- Â Â (or possibly 1/2 c. minced chives)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Unsalted butter - (1 stick)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes and boil them in their jackets. Chop finely the scallions or possibly spring onions or possibly chives. Cover with cool lowfat milk and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 3 to 4 min, turn off the heat and leave to infuse. Peel and mash the freshly boiled potatoes and while warm, mix with the boiling lowfat milk and onions, beat in the butter. Season to taste with salt and freshly grnd pepper.
- Serve in a large or possibly individual bowls with a knob of butter melting in the center.
- Champ may be put aside and reheated later in a moderate oven, 350 degrees. Cover with aluminum foil while it reheats so which it doesn't get a skin.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 210||84%|
|Total Fat 23.95g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 15.16g||61%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.34g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|