Cost per serving $1.55 view details
- THE CAKE
- 2 cups All Purpose flour or Cake Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Â¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- Â½ cup Whole Milk
- 1 Â½ tsp Vanilla
- 6 Reeseâs Peanut Butter Cups (for assembly of cake)
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE (to be poured over cake)
- 6 Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 TBSP whole milk
- CARAMEL SAUCE (to be poured over cake)
- 1 Cup of Caramel pieces
- 3 TBSP whole milk
- Directions for cake
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE CAKE
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa, and water.
- 3. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 4. Remove from heat.
- 5. With an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat chocolate mixture into the dry mixture until thoroughly blended.
- 6. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- 7. Beat for 1 minute, pour batter into the prepared pans.
- 8. Place chocolate cake in oven to bake for suggested time or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE FROSTING
- 1. Cream butter and peanut butter together.
- 2. Add half the powdered sugar and blend.
- 3. Blend in milk and vanilla.
- 4. Add remaining powdered sugar.
- 5. Stir until smooth and well blended.
- DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL SAUCES
- Melt peanut butter cups in a saucepan along with the milk
- Stir vigorously until you get a smooth texture-set aside
- CAKE ASSEMBLY
- 1. Frost the 2-3 layer cake with the Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2. Cut the 6 peanut butter cups into small pieces
- 3. Place pieces on top of the cake-covering the cake completely
- 4. Pour the prepared chocolate sauce over the cake allowing the sauce to run down the sides of the cake
- 5. Pour the caramel sauce over the cake allowing the sauce to run down the sides of the cake making an alternate design
- **SEE PHOTO**
- 6. Decorate the bottom of the cake with chocolate frosting for design factor
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 265g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 481||44%|
|Total Fat 55.3g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 27.75g||111%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 141.79g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|