Cost per serving $0.79 view details
- 1 x clove garlic
- 1 x shallot
- Â Â Juice of 10 fresh limes
- 1 bn cilantro
- 1/2 c. shredded cotija cheese or possibly crumbled feta
- Â Â cheese
- Â Â Salt, to taste
- 3/4 c. vegetable or possibly canola oil
- 3 c. tortillas, cut in thin strips
- Â Â Corn oil for frying
- 1 med jicama, peeled, cut into
- 1 x thin strips
- 1/2 c. shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 c. shredded red cabbage
- 1/8 c. grated carrot
- 1 x red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 x yellow bell pepper, julienned
- Tortilla & Jicama Slaw w/ Cilantro Lime & Cotija Cheese Vinaigrette,
- (entire title)
- For The Vinaigrette:Combine the garlic, shallot, lime juice, cilantro, cheese and salt in a blender container.
- Add in the oil in a fine stream, processing constantly at high speed till thickened.
- For The Slaw:Deep-fry the tortilla strips in oil till browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Combine the jicama, cabbage, carrot and bell peppers in a large salad bowl.
- Add in the prepared vinaigrette, tossing to coat. May prepare up to 1 hour ahead, adding the tortilla strips just before serving.
- The jicama is peeled by slicing off the top and bottom with a sharp knife, then peeling by hand.
- Note:This crunchy, fresh slaw is a wonderful alternative to the traditional slaw. We serve it on our dinner menu with fried oysters. I like to make it as a company salad when we have our annual crawfish boil.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 198g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 71||23%|
|Total Fat 7.98g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.1g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.4g||28%|