Cost per serving $1.97 view details
- 3Â 1/2 c. frzn corn or possibly 3 ears of fresh corn cobs and all
- 16 x scallions cut in 1" lengths
- 2 x handfuls fresh cilantro
- 6 c. water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or possibly other sauteing liquid
- 1 med onion chopped about 1 1/2 c.
- 1 med poblano peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 med Anaheim chili pepper seeded and chopped
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp salt or possibly to taste
- 4 med red bell peppers roasted, peeled, seeded, and minced
- 2 med tomatoes peeled and seeded chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Â Â cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- 1 tsp chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo optional
- Â Â tortilla strips see recipe or possibly commercially prepared tortilla chips
- Place the stock ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Partially cover, lower heat to simmer, and cook for about 30 min. Keep it covered, so too much liquid doesn't evaporate.
- Heat the oil, and add in the onion, chiles, garlic, salt, and saute/fry till the vegetables are very tender.
- Puree the roasted bell peppers and the tomatoes in a blender or possibly food processor with 2 c. of the stock. Puree till smooth, then add in this to the onion mix. Strain in the rest of the stock, pressing every last bit of the liquid from the cooked vegetables.
- Add in lime juice; taste to correct salt and add in the cayenne or possibly a small amount of the chipotles. Serve warm, topped with a generous handful of tortilla strips.
- NOTES : I will use broth or possibly water for sauteing, rather than the extra virgin olive oil, that will bring the already low 13% CFF even lower.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 493g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 26||16%|
|Total Fat 2.99g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.46g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.69g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|