Offerings from a no-dough foundation to a glorious crown of tortilla corn chips.
A distinctive quiche to honour the two most influential women in my life. Enjoy.
For a dedicated post...refer to:
- . >(American / Metric measures)<
- . Part -1:
- . 3 tbsp. (45ml) grape seed oil
- . 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- . 1 small garlic clove, minced
- . 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- . 8 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- . 1 big bunch of Kale greens, de-stemmed and chopped
- . 1/8 cup (25ml) dry white wine
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) sea salt
- . 1 tbsp. (15ml) mix of Italian dried herbs
- . Part - 2:
- . 6 large eggs
- . 1 cup (250g) fresh Ricotta cheese
- . 1/8 tsp. (.5ml) sea salt
- . 40-45 Tortilla corn chips
- . 14 pitted, non-salted black olives
- . a generous handful of roasted hazelnuts or almonds, crushed (optional)
- . Use a large, rounded 10 x 2 in. (26 x 5cm) shallow, oven-proof dish. Oven setting at 375F/170C/Gas5. Position the rack on the second level from the bottom.
- Part 1 - Vegetable mix can be prepared ahead of time: In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter. Add the onions and sautÃ© a few minutes before adding the pepper slices. Cook through until caramelized. Lower the heat to medium-low. This will take about another 15 minutes or so.
- . Turn up the heat slightly. Then add to this mix, the sun-dried tomatoes as well as the greens (de-stemmed, pre-washed and spun dry). Continue to sautÃ© until the greens have shrank halfway. Add a good splash of the wine.
- . The seasoning is sprinkled last. Toss until well combined. Turn off the heat and keep the mix ready to receive the egg-ricotta blend. Set aside.
- . Part 2 - ASSEMBLY: Pre-heat the oven at 375F/170C/Gas5. Position the rack on the second level from the bottom.
- . In a blender, mix the eggs, salt, as well as the ricotta and blend until smoothly combined.
- . Oil the dish generously with some vegetable oil. Place enough Tortilla chips to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread the vegetable mix evenely on top and lightly pat down. Pour the creamy egg-ricotta mix slowly over top. Sprinkle with the (optional) roasted nuts and finish with the black olive garnish. Lastly, around the perimeter of the dish, dig and place each Tortilla chip (wide-side down) by over-lapping them. These will have to be snuggled together in order to form the proper shield.
- . Bake for about 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 15 more minutes before serving. Buon appetito and flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|