Cost per recipe $14.02 view details
- 2 c. minced onion
- 1 1/2 c. minced green pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce.) can tomatoes, cut up
- 3/4 c. picante sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoon grnd cumin
- 2 (15 ounce.) cans black beans or possibly red kidney beans, liquid removed
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 c. shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounce.)
- 2 med. tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 2 c. shredded lettuce (optional)
- Sliced green onion (optional)
- Sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1/2 c. reduced-calorie dairy lowfat sour cream or possibly plain yogurt
- In a large skillet combine onion, green pepper, undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, garlic and cumin. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 min. Stir in beans.
- In a 13x9x2 inch baking dish, spread one-third of the bean mix over bottom. Top with half of the tortillas, overlapping as necessary and half the cheese. Add in another one-third of the bean mix then remaining tortillas and bean mix. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 min or possibly till heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 min.
- If you like, top with tomato slices, lettuce, green onion and olives. Cut into squares to serve. If you like, serve with lowfat sour cream or possibly yogurt. 6-8 main dish servings or possibly 10-12 side dish servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2567g|
|Calories from Fat 1125||24%|
|Total Fat 127.03g||159%|
|Saturated Fat 62.83g||251%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 679.81g||181%|
|Dietary Fiber 151.9g||506%|