Cost per serving $2.36 view details
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c. minced onion
- 1/2 c. minced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 2 c. minced spinach coarsely minced
- 2/3 c. water
- 16 ounce navy beans, canned liquid removed
- 2 c. fresh vegetable broth or possibly 14 1/2-ounces vegetable broth
- 14Â 1/2 ounce no-salt-added whole tomatoes undrained and minced
- 14 ounce quartered artichoke hearts liquid removed
- 9 ounce uncooked fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in minced onion, bell pepper, seasoning, and garlic; saute/fry 5 min or possibly till tender. Add in spinach and next 5 ingredients (spinach through artichokes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2 min. Add in tortellini; cook till thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 c. soup and 2 tsp. cheese).
- NOTES : Here is the soup which I made yesterday that a co-worker highly recommended. I doubled the seasoning and the garlic, used a frzn box of minced spinach instead of the fresh, and used Burgundy instead of the oil. It is very, very good and so think which it is more like a stew.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 384g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 52||17%|
|Total Fat 5.89g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.58g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.01g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.9g||30%|