The Festa del Torrone is held every year in the historical center of Cremona in mid November.
Cost per recipe $56.61 view details
- Prepare a syrup with the sugar and water by heating it to 140Â° C. Melt the honey and bring it to 120Â° C. Put the egg whites in the mixer or bowl and begin to whip them with the whisk, then add the syrup at 140Â° C a trickle at a time, followed by the honey at 120Â° C. Continue whipping for approximately 5 minutes. In order to maintain the temperature of the mixture and to cook it, wave a blowtorch beneath the bowl of the mixer. Put the dried fruit in a baking pan and then into the oven to toast; the fruit should be added to the mixture while hot, otherwise stirring it in would prove to be difficult.
- Replace the whisk in the mixer with the spatula and smoothen the mixture for two minutes. Add the dried fruit and stir it in (photo 7), in a few minutes the torrone will be ready. Remove the mixture from the mixer, when at around 100Â° C, spread it out on a host leaf (foglio di ostia) flattens it out and cover it with another host.
- Finish spreading it out with a rolling pin
- To a thickness of 2.5 to 3 cm.
- The best way to cut a crumbly torrone is to place the knife blade on the torrone and tap it sharply with the other hand to obtain irregularly shaped chunks of torrone. Torrone should be kept sealed in a cool dry place.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2761g|
|Calories from Fat 3401||34%|
|Total Fat 406.25g||508%|
|Saturated Fat 33.27g||133%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1631.95g||435%|
|Dietary Fiber 71.1g||237%|