Cost per serving $2.78 view details
- 3 x Tomatoes
- 1 x 400 gram bag purple sprouting broccoli
- 4 whl garlic cloves with skin
- Â Â Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 x White onion
- 4 x Loin pork steaks
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 4 tsp Mayonnaise
- 250 gm Penne pasta
- 1 pch Mustard pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh dill
- Â Â Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, 1 lime and 1 orange
- 1 dsh Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Caster sugar
- 150 ml Red wine
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220c/452f/Gas 7.
- 1 Chop a tomato and halve the remaining tomatoes. Pull the purple centres out of the sprouting broccoli and cut them into small florets.
- 2 Blanch the florets in a pan of boiling salted water for three min with the garlic. Drain.
- 3 Fill a deep pan one-third full with vegetable oil and heat. Peel the onion and, keeping the root intact, make deep criss-cross cuts almost all the way down to the root.
- 4 Deep-fry the onion slowly till golden and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper.
- 5 Beat out two pork steaks between two pcs of oiled clingfilm. Season, place some blanched florets in the centre of each and roll up to enclose, securing with a cocktail stick.
- 6 Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a griddle pan, add in the pork rolls and cook quickly to seal all over.
- 7 Cook the pan in the oven for 8-10 min, or possibly till cooked through. Mix the mustard and mayonnaise.
- 8 Sit the fried onion in the centre of a plate, arrange the pork rolls around the edge and spoon on the mustard mayonnaise.
- 9 Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain.
- 10 Cut the broccoli stalks into 5cm long pcs and cut the remaining pork steaks into thin strips. Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a wok, add in the pork and stir fry for a few min to seal.
- 11 Add in the broccoli stalks and cook till the pork is cooked through and the broccoli is tender.
- 12 Add in the mustard pwdr, dill and minced tomato. Stir in the lemon, lime and orange zest, add in the pasta and toss together. Season and serve on a plate.
- 13 Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a griddle pan. Add in the blanched garlic and tomato halves cut-side down and cook for a few min.
- 14 Turn over the tomatoes, sprinkle over a dash of balsamic vinegar and caster sugar, put the pan to the oven and cook for 5-8 min, till tender.
- 15 Pour the red wine into a pan and simmer rapidly to reduce by about half.
- Shred the broccoli leaves and deep fry till crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- 16 Serve the roasted tomatoes and garlic on a plate and pour over the reduced wine. Pile the deep-fried broccoli leaves on top.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 482g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 268||32%|
|Total Fat 30.48g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 4.31g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 108.14g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|