Cost per serving $1.35 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 4 Cups Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Roasted Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, Crushed
- 5 Cups Reduced-Sodium Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Quart Stewed Tomatoes, Undrained
- 2 Cups Fresh Cooked Pumpkin, Pureed
- 6 Oz. Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Fat-Free Half-N-Half
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat until hot. Add onions, cook 5 - 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic powder, curry powder, ground ginger and crushed red pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, pumpkin, tomato paste, red bell pepper and salt. Increase heat to high. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree in food processor or blender until smooth. Pour back into Dutch oven and add half-n-half; stir well and add to bowls. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Yield: 1 3/4 Cup Servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 324g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||50%|
|Total Fat 15.44g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 3.75g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 18.79g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|