Cold Winter night??? Need something to make you feel warm and toasty??? Try this spin on a minestrone soup.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cost per serving $4.76 view details
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 lb. pancetta
- 1 lb. zucchini, cut into strips lengthwise (discarding the seed centers), then cut into very small pieces
- 2 ribs of celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 15oz. can of cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 15oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 lb. penne pasta
- handful of basil, torn into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 thick slices of italian bread
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until browned, a couple of minutes.
- Add the zucchini, celery, onion, bay leaf, and 2/3 of the garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until veggies are tender 7-8 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack in the middle of the oven. Stir the chicken stock, beans and tomtaoes into the soup and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the basil and lower the heat to low.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add in the remaining garlic and swirl for about a minute or so; remove from heat.
- Broil the bread on both sides until lightly toasted.
- Brush the bread with the garlic butter and sprinkle with the cheese and parsley.
- Broil to melt the cheese.
- Serve soup in bowls, each topped with a crouton.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 781g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 188||27%|
|Total Fat 21.3g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 8.14g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 93.87g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.4g||48%|