Cost per recipe $4.92 view details
- 3 c. peeled, cored, minced tomatoes
- 3 c. seeded, minced long green chiles
- Â¾ c. minced onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1Â½ c. vinegar, white or possibly cider
- Â½ tsp grnd cumin*
- 2 tsp oregano leaves*
- 1Â½ tsp table salt
- optionalâspice amounts may be adjusted but don't make other adjustments to this recipe.
- Wash tomatoes, dip in boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds or possibly till skins split and then dip into cold water. Slip off skins, remove cores and chop.Put together all ingredients in a large saucepan and heat, stirring frequently, till mix boils. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min, stirring occasionally. Ladle into hot pint jars, leaving Â½-inch headspace.
- Adjust lids and process in a boiling water canner for 15 to 20 min, depending upon altitude (15 min at 1,000 feet or possibly lower and 20 min for higher elevations).
- Caution: Wear rubber gloves while handling chiles or possibly wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before touching your face.
- Yield: 3 pints
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 925g|
|Calories from Fat 15||6%|
|Total Fat 1.83g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.26g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.6g||35%|