Cost per serving $0.30 view details
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut (in baking or bulk aisle)
- 1 cup basmati rice (or Jasmine)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on a slight diagonal
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook coconut, stirring, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons coconut. Stir rice into pan with the remaining coconut. Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved coconut and the scallions.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||21%|
|Total Fat 5.44g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.3g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|