Cost per recipe $84.96 view details
- 7Â 1/2 c. Unbleached all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Baking pwdr
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2Â 3/4 c. Unsalted butter, room temperature (5 1/2 sticks)
- 5Â 2/3 c. Sugar
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Almond extract
- 3Â 3/4 c. Whole lowfat milk, (don't use low-fat or possibly nonfat)
- 18 lrg Egg whites, (about 2 1/3 c.), room temperature
- 2 c. Kahlua or possibly other coffee liqueur
- 1Â 1/2 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Plus 1 Tbsp. instant espresso pwdr or possibly coffee pwdr
- 14 pkt Cream cheese, room temperature (8-oz)
- 7 c. Powdered sugar
- 2Â 1/3 c. Chilled whipping cream
- 7 Tbsp. Sweet Marsala
- 3Â 1/2 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 12 ounce Semisweet chocolate, minced
- 1 x Cardboard cake round, (6-inch-diameter)
- 1 x Cardboard cake round, (9-inch-diameter)
- 1 x Cardboard cake round, (12-inch-diameter)
- 1 x Revolving cake stand, (optional) (11-inch-diameter)
- 9 x Wood dowels, (12-inch-long, 1/4-inch-diameter)
- 4Â 1/2 c. Assorted berries, (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries)
- Â Â Fresh mint sprigs
- 12 c. Mixed berries, (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and hulled, quartered strawberries)
- 6 Tbsp. Sugar
- Cake Layers:Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven and preheat to 350F. Butter one 12-inch-diameter cake pan with 3-inch-high sides, one 9-inch-diameter cake pan with 3-inch-high sides and one 6-inch-diameter cake pan with 3-inch-high sides.* Line bottoms with parchment. Sift flour, baking pwdr and salt into medium bowl. Using handheld electric mixer, beat butter in 12-qt bowl on medium-high speed till light. Gradually add in sugar and beat till well blended. Beat in extracts. On medium-low speed, beat in dry ingredients alternately with lowfat milk in 3 additions each, beating just till combined (batter will be thick).
- Using electric mixer fitted with clean dry beaters, beat whites in another large bowl till stiff but not dry. Fold 1/3 of whites into batter to lighten. Mix in remaining whites. Spoon batter into prepared pans so which depth of batter is the same in each pan; smooth tops. Bake till tops are deep golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 min for 6-inch cake, about 1 hour 5 min for 9-inch cake and about 1 hour 20 min for 12-inch cake. Cold cakes in pans on racks 20 min.
- Run knife around pan sides to loosen cakes. Turn out cakes onto racks and peel off parchment. Cold cakes completely.
- Soaking Syrup:Mix all ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Boil over medium-high heat till mix is reduced to 2 2/3 c., stirring occasionally, about 10 min. Cold syrup completely.
- Frosting:Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl till light.
- Gradually add in sugar and beat till fluffy. Add in cream, Marsala and vanilla and beat till well blended. Cover and let stand at room temperature up to 1 hour.
- continued in part 2
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 9266g|
|Calories from Fat 8011||36%|
|Total Fat 918.28g||1148%|
|Saturated Fat 562.43g||2250%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3264.39g||871%|
|Dietary Fiber 202.7g||676%|