Not only the English, the French and the Americans but also the Spanish are known for their luscious lobster recipes. Spanish Poached Lobster is a butter-poached lobster recipe dressed with red pepper sauce. It is a special dish offering culinary delight to food lovers.
- Lobster tails â 3-4
- Olive oil â 2 tablespoons
- Unsalted butter â 3 pounds or 8 tablespoons
- Chopped shallot â 1
- Chopped garlic cloves â 4
- Fish, chicken or lobster â 3 cups
- Mild paprika â 1 tablespoon
- White wine vinegar â 1 tablespoon
- Parsley or cilantro to garnish â 2 tablespoons
- Spanish Poached Lobster can be cooked by butter-poaching a lobster in two ways. One is sticking the lobster tail into a vacuum bag full of butter, sealing the bag and then, dropping the bag into hot water. If you canât manage a vacuum-sealer, you can go the other way. Take sufficient butter in a pan and melt it. Cover the tail with the melted butter. A lot of butter is required to cook lobster in the second way. Butter-poaching makes the lobster richer and silkier. It enhances the taste as well.
- Take care not to get the butter too hot while poaching the lobster in butter. Too much heat to melt the butter is not good. Take a pot of large size to boil water in it. Make sure to turn the heat off, when you drop the vacuum bag into the water. Cover the pot. Keep it covered for 15-25 minutes, depending on the lobster tailâs size. Check the degree of heat using a thermometer while melting the butter and poaching the lobster in it.
- Serve the poached lobster with some sauce on a plate. The tongue will surely befriend with this delicacy coupled with relish of sauce.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 675g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2909||91%|
|Total Fat 329.69g||412%|
|Saturated Fat 189.09g||756%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.41g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|