Cost per serving $0.23 view details
- Â Â vegetarian
- 225 gm bought or possibly homemade shortcrust pastry
- 1 knob butter
- 1 lrg onion very finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
- 300 ml double cream
- 3 x Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 75 gm gruyere cheese grated
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- Roll out the pastry thinly and use to line the base and sides of a shallow oblong swiss roll tin about 280 x 180mm.
- Trim away and throw away the excess pastry from the top rim of the tin then transfer the tin to the freezer while you make the filling.
- Heat the butter in a nonstick frying pan on the boiling plate.
- Stir in the onion cover and transfer to the simmering oven for about 10 min till the onion is softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the pesto.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cold.
- Combine the cream Large eggs chives and half the cheese in a bowl and beat together with a wire whisk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pastrylined tin from the freezer and prick the base all over with a fork.
- Spread the onion mix over the base of the pastry.
- Carefully pour in the quiche filling and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Slide on to the floor of the roasting oven and bake for about 25 to 30 min or possibly till puffed and golden brown turning halfway through.
- If necessary slide in the cool plain shelf on the second set of runners.
- Leave the tin on top of a wire rack to cold.
- When ready the quiche can be cut into rounds using a 30mm plain cutter or possibly larger if desired.
- To heat them up arrange the quiches on a baking tray and leave on the floor of the roasting oven for 10 to 15 min or possibly till tinged golden brown and piping warm.
- This is a quick easy way to make a party quantity of bitesize quiches and serve them warm.Making one large quiche in a swiss roll on then cutting it out into miniature rounds is far quicker and less fiddly than making individual tiny quiches. For me the cutting out technique wins hand down. Also there is only pastry on the bottom of the little quiches with this method so its healthier and less fattening.
- Makes about 40
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 19g|
|Recipe makes 40 servings|
|Calories from Fat 26||72%|
|Total Fat 2.95g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.47g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.78g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|