I like the speed with which I can get a seafood dish from pan to table. Only 15 minutes of cooking makes this tilapia main dish perfect for hurried meal times. Add rice or other grain as a side, plus a salad, and ...... ring the dinner bell!
- 1 tablepoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and juilenned
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and juilenned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes (or equivalent amount garden fresh chopped tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garden fresh basil (or 3/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 pound tilapia fillets or other white fish fillets, such as haddock or cod.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic. SautÃ© for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes undrained, basil, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, basil, salt, and cayenne and bring to a boil.
- Add the fish fillets, spooning the tomato mixture over the fish. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 8 minutes, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 233g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 19||13%|
|Total Fat 2.15g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.91g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|